Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

When i was young, I only loved two thing: Catching turtles at the beach, and kicking serious ass with ninja weapons. Yeah, I know, it's pretty sweet. I didn't think it could get any better, then:

BAM!!!


This is probably the greatest movie ever made, ever, ever! And if you disagree then I have seven words for you: HEROES IN A HALF SHELL! TURTLE POWER!!!

Speaking of our fabulous foursome, how the hell did they get the tutrtle costumes to look so good?! There wasn't a single moment throughout the entire movie when I thought, "Wait a minute...those aren't real overgrown turtles! SHINANIGANS!"

I wouldn't go so far as to say this was an epic roller coaster of complexity and intelligence, but what are you gonna do? The premise is just a tad bit of a stretch for there to be much emotional depth...I mean, their mentor is a rat! (Deep breath in....) A rat that apparently once was a human member of the Foot Clan, but after being framed by his arch rival Oroko Saki (soon to be The Shredder), was banished to the USA and forced to live in the sewer whilst studying rennaissance art (hence the turtle's names) until one day a handful of petstore turtles fell into the sewer at the same time a super-duper, super-secret chemical "ooze" (yes, that is a technical term) was being spilled down the same sewer!! HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!

Anyway, I won't ruin the rest of the movie for you...you'll just have to find out for yourself. But suffice it to say that no viewing of this movie should be without pizza.

No comments: