Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087469/

Harrison Ford is back in his Indiana Jones sequel, Temple of Doom. Actually it is the sequel, but if you pay very close attention, this is the prequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark. It is set in 1935, and Raiders of the Lost Ark is set in 1936!! Anyway, Harrison Ford is paired with an small time actress and the asian kid from the Goonies(his famous line: Booty twaps, that's what I said, I said I'm setting booty twaps!). They are asked to retrieve a lost stone from an Indian village and rescue the village's children. And as always, Indiana Jones comes through big time!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is quite simply a kiddie flick. I mean the "hero" theme music practically says that. It fits because is almost every little boys dream to be the "Indiana Jones", or to be an adventurer. But as a grown up kid, I have found this movie to be somewhat entertaining, but not quite capturing my whole attention. I have to say that some of the things that happen in the temple of doom are kind of freaky, such as the main guy who wears the horns on his head. Also questions kept holding me back from really being on board with this movie which really bothered me. Things kept bothering me such as how anyone could survive an at least 500 foot free fall from a flying airplane and land on a raft perfectly? Other than that, the action is good (as usual), and it is a typical Indiana Jones flick (meaning that you can pretty much guess right when the dilemma arises that Indiana will solve the problem, but I guess the action is the reason you pick up an Indiana Jones flick anyway!).

No comments: