Friday, June 03, 2011

Beetlejuice (1988)



I had to watch this movie because it seems to be a household name and everyone tells me its a classic. After watching it I was kind of creeped out because it reminds me of movies such as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and The Wizard of Oz. The reason it made me think of those films because all of this weird stuff was going on. I'm not sure if I liked it. Basically the plot is a young couple dies and when they try to get to heaven they are told that they must haunt their old house in order to earn their wings. The problem is when a new family moves in and arent afraid of the couple, so they must call on Beetlejuice to help. Beetlejuice wants out of entrapment for good so he does more than just try to scare the new family. I'm not sure if I'd suggest this film to children because it is VERY creepy, to some maybe even scary.


Although rather creepy, I thought this video was kind of funny.

No comments: