Friday, June 03, 2011

Back to the Future (1985)



After watching this movie I am a huge fan. I'm about to watch 2 and 3 as soon as I'm done writing this blog. This is one of those epic movies of the 1980's that I am embarrassed to say that I didnt see until recently. It is a must see film, and I feel foolish to have missed out so many years.

The plot is centered around a high school kid named Marty McFly. He is transported backwards in time to 1955 in a time machine invented by his friend Doc. He accidentally interrupts the first meeting of his parents, creating a paradox that endangers his existence. The paradox is that if his parents dont meet in the past, then there is no him in the future. The task of playing Cupid
to his parents is complicated because his future mother develops a crush on him. He must do whatever it takes to get his parents together or the existence of him and his siblings lies in the balance.


Here is the original theatrical trailer. Enjoy!

1 comment:

yaguareté said...

This is a piece of art. I watched the trhee movies as they were broadcasted in my Country. I'm from 1979 so these movies arrived at the right time and came to stay in my childhood and teenager memories. I watched them again several times, now along with my son who has become a great fan as well.
I also became a great fan of Lea Thompson thanks to this movie.