Sunday, May 29, 2011

Caddyshack (1980)

I'll be the first to say that i'm a fan of Chevy Chase. The National Lampoon movies are some of my favorites because he is in them. Caddyshack on the other hand, not so much.The film seems to have no apparent plot besides Bill Murray's character whose ultimate goal is to get the gopher who has been eating up the golf course.

I guess it is arguable that another point of the film is to find out if Danny is able to get his scholarship, but it's easy to infer that things will work out for him, as they do.

For years and years my dad has been trying to get me to watch this film. He quotes it more than any movie I can think of. Honestly, I don't get it. I did not think this movie was anything more than a sad attempt to make people laugh by using funny actors. Individually I do like the members of the cast. However, as a whole, I think they fall short of making the audience laugh here.
If you're looking for an actual laugh, this is not the movie for you.
I would recommend one of Chevy Chases's other films. While it is not a 1980's film, his 1997 film, Vegas Vacation will make you laugh for hours. Here's the trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi518062361/

1 comment:

Vladigogo said...

This is one of the funniest movies ever. I am with your dad on this one.