Friday, May 20, 2011

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

THIS WAS THE BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME EVER. Okay yes there were funny scenes. Ordering a pizza to class. EPIC. Funny story, Sean Penn is not the protagonist. Based on the cover art you may think so, but no he isn’t. And the girl who is is so very boring. Her character is dull and lacks depth. She loses her virginity on a first date with a 20 something year old in a dugout. By the way she is 15. I just don’t get it. Anyways. All of the characters lack depth in fact. There is nothing to grab onto and care about in this movie. It is crap when compared to a Ferris Buller’s Day Off. I guess it does get across the randomness of high school, but there is just nothing there for me. The characters are not only dull, but lacked any morals what so ever. There was no heart of gold to latch onto and want a happy ending for. Okay maybe the nervous nerd character, but even he wasn't that lovable. Mr. Hand is funny…kind of…not really. If he was supposed to be a caricature of an adult he needed to be more intense. Honestly I just wish I could get the 2ish hours of my life back that I wasted on this movie. Maybe I would like it on a second watch.

Here is a link to the trailer, which make it seem like a way better movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhUfmDGdK7M

No comments: