Saturday, October 13, 2007


Back to the Future is a 1985 science fiction–comedy film directed by Robert Zemeckis and produced by Steven Spielberg. It stars Michael J. Fox as teenager Marty McFly and Christopher Lloyd as mad scientist Doctor Emmett L. Brown. Marty is Sent thirty years back in time in a De Lorean time machine and accidentally interferes with his parents' relationship which forces him to make them fall in love, or he will never be born.


Back To The Future is such a creative and exciting film that it is impossible to forget about. I saw the movie when I was very young and even when I am flipping through the channels and its on I will watch it every time because I never get sick of this movie. The casting of every character involved was totally perfect, and the performances were fantastic. I really enjoy movies that make you think and any movie with time travel will definitely challenge the mind. After I saw this movie I began watching many other films that include time travel, one of them being Donnie Darko, which is one of my favorite movies. I have had long in-depth conversations about this film mainly because of the time travel aspect. Time travel is simply fascinating no matter what angle you look at it. The story is awesome, it is delivered cleverly and entertainingly, and the movie as a whole is just really fun to watch. I really love all the stereotypes that are represented by the characters. Naturally everyone loves to see the nerd knock the crap out of the big bully to save the girl he loves. That was always my favorite part because the film does such a great job of forcing the audience to absolutely hate the bully, especially when he is being sexually forceful with Lorraine.

The only complaint that I might have is that the film starts a little slow, but it gradually accelerates as it progresses. There are also a few aspects of the film that don’t add up but there always tends to be some unexplained holes in time travel movies. These are very small negatives that don’t take away from the overall impact of the film. Overall it will always be one of my favorite movies and I feel deeply sorry for anyone who has not had the privilege of watching this classic 80’s film.

No comments: