Friday, March 05, 2010

The Breakfast Club


I have seen bits and pieces of Breakfast Club when I was younger but never watched it in its full entirety. My previous views were that it was a cult classic and a good comedy. However, after recently watching it I found that I did not enjoy it all that much and that my expectations were not met. Perhaps my maturity has become a factor in this but I found the movie uneventful and the characters overly dramatic in their teen-anxt outbursts. I found it unrealistic that students would divulge so much to one another in one day without having ever previously met each other. I believe that this movie is a cult classic because firstly, Molly Ringwald is in it who was considered an 80’s icon and secondly John Hughes scripted many of the other cult classics such as Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Weird Science, Pretty in Pink and Sixteen Candles (all classics of that time period). This 1985 American teen comedy is something I would recommend to young teen girls who are looking for an easy watch. The stereotypes represented are those that are still present in society today. Therefore this movie stands against time since it is timeless in the sense that there will always be the jock, nerd, freak, rebel and basketcase. The positive factor that you get out of this film is seeing that you should never judge a book by its cover. Everyone has their own problems and this movie teaches teens that important lesson. Each individual who has attended high school can relate to at least one of these teens represented in the film.

The important lesson to learn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1I4q6lOpo

No comments: