Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Fast Times at Ridgemont High



Fast Times at Ridgemont High: The ultimate 80s classic. The story revolves around several kids that go to Ridgemont High and what it's like to be a teenager in the 80s. While this movie is humorous, it hits upon several controversial topics such as drug abuse, abortion, and sex. All the characters undergo certain troubles throughout the film that in the end teach them what true happiness is.

I had always heard about this movie and seen it referenced in the I love the 80s series on VH1, but I did not realize this movie was more than just a teen flick. The issues discussed are still relevant to kids today and therefore this movie has withstood time.

I really enjoyed this movie. I laughed, but I also felt for the characters because anyone who has gone through high school knows it's not an easy place to me. However, I really did not like the character Stacy. I felt she was boring and brought little to the table against the other characters who were full of life. As I watched the movie I was wishing she would show some sign of emotion, but I was disappointed. She also got a happy ending with Mark which I didn't think was necessary.

This movie was done is the typical 80s style. Music, fashion and design were all staple 80s looks. I would recommend this movie to anyone who has gone through high school. It's fun, funny and also a bit heart warming at times.

No comments: