Thursday, December 07, 2006

Cheech & Chong: Still Smokin'


I just finished watching Cheech & Chong Still Smokin. Overall I think this movie was pretty funny. I have always been a fan of silly humor, so the jokes in this movie work out for me fine.

The movie basically follows Cheech & Chong on a journey to Amsterdam. They got invited to Amsterdam by Dolly Parton and Burt Reynolds to attend a film festival and go to many parties. One of the hosts of the parties decided to run off with all the money, so Dolly Parton and Burt Reynolds never show up, and the other host of the part is left dirt poor. The people of Amsterdam confuse Cheech and Chong for Mr. Burt and Mr. Dolly. To help the other arty host get his money back so he can help his wife and family, Cheech and Chong decide to do a show at the film festival.

The whole movie follows Cheech and Chong as they journey around Amsterdam. The basic plot line of the movie is pretty dull. Infact, I didnt really like the movie untill Chong started having his day dreams. Those were some of my favorite parts of the movie. Chong would have day dreams about the most ridiculous things. My favorite day dream was when Chong dreamed about them being a gay couple. I was laughing the entire time.

My other favorite part of the movie was at the end, when they were putting on the show. It was basically like stand up comedy, and stand up comedy is my most favorite kind of entertainment. I thought the entire thing was sooo hilarious. I especially loved the scene where they pretended to be dogs, and Chong pretended to make a bowel movement on stage. It was a little vulgure, but at the same time it was so ridiculious that you had to laugh.

This was my first time seeing a Cheech and Chong movie, and I thought it was hilarious. I will deffinatly be renting more of there films.

No comments: