Sunday, April 23, 2006

Honey I Shrunk Those Kids again



So my friend let me borrow her tape of Honey I Shrunk the Kids. This film was directed by Joe Johnston and it stars Rick Moranis. The film is about a dad who is so concerned with his inventions and he has very little time to spend with his children. He has been working on a elector-magnet shrinking machine which his kids get their hands on. The outcome means that these kids get shrunken down to a 1/4 of their size. What's really sad is there own dad throws them out in the trash and they are in charge of surviving in a world of really large things. Killer Bees attack, a lawn mower almost runs them over, ants are ginormous, and lets not forget that giant bowl of cereal that the son almost drowns in. All i can remember is when i was kid going to Disney and riding the simulater/3D thing. It scared the crap out of me when that snake comes out of the screen and the rats crawl around your feet. I hate that ride! Anyway, I liked this comedy and it brought me back to when I watched this film as a kid. The sequel is not as good as the first as it usually goes with films. The Dad finally realizes that he shrunk his kids and he goes on a mission to find them. It's a fun film to watch especially when your stressed because it is really cheesy and the special effects are very obvious. I must say that I love the dog in the film, he is by far the best! Too cute. I recommend this film if you are bored and have nothing better to do. I don't think I will be watching this film again for a while.

No comments: