Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Shinning

I personally didn’t really like the Shinning

I know this is supposed to be some all-time classic movie, but I think I was just expecting too much when I saw it. Don’t get me wrong, I thought the movie was scary, but I was expecting to be experiencing ass clenching terror, which I simply did not get. I find the movie is creepier than it is scary. The movie is creepy because it holds the thought that these kinds of things can happen to anyone. When it all started, Jack had his problems, this is true, but he was still a regular guy like the rest of us. The scary thing is that he just went insane, and that can happen to anyone, so that’s why the movie is scary.

Although I didn’t like the movie very much, I think Jack Nicholson was superb in this movie. Yet again he delivers a mesmerizing performance. He is so convincing in every roll he plays, and the sting of his smile is an image that is pretty hard to erase.


Danny Lloyd, the boy who played Danny, was also an amazing actor for his age. He was really cute, but also had a wounderful way of making you want to help him. He was so believable the whole time, and I thought his acting was great. I find it so surprising that someone that young can do such a good job at acting. He must have really known a lot for his age.

Shelly Duvall is a very good actress, and it is not her fault that the wife in the movie has such an annoying role, but I cannot help but hate her in this movie. I find her so annoying at all times. Everything about her annoys me. Her clothes, the way she talks, the way she wont run away, the way she wimpers. EVERYTHING. She is a very good acress though, and I dont think it is her fault that she was annoying, becuase the role of her charactor was supposed to be an annoying lady anyway, so she portrayed it well.



On a side note, I also find it really creepy that Jack and Danny both have the same name's in real life.

No comments: