Thursday, November 16, 2006

Animal House


Animal House is hands down one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I love this movie because of it is so unlike all the other movies of its time.

I truly believe this movie was one of the main sparks to the start of the whole obnoxious humor movie revolution. Without this movie, I highly doubt any of my other favorite movies, such as Old School, Van Wilder, Wedding Crashers, Billy Madison, and other such movies, ever would have been made. This sense of humor is so funny to me. I love that they have no boundaries, and you never know what they are going to do or say next.

The story is basically about a fun-loving fraternity, who will take any and everyone. Everyone else hates them because they are so loud, disruptive, and disrespectful. They are especially hated by the Dean of the college, Dean Wormer, and another fraternity near them, of preppy white boys, who are trying to get them, kicked off campus.

John Belushi gives a performance of a lifetime in this movie. He is SO FUNNY in this movie, I love him. My favorite part in the movie, (along with many other people's I am sure) is the part where he is wearing the "college" sweatshirt, and downs an entire bottle of Jack Daniels. Yes, I am fully aware that this is obviously a very bad idea, but none the less, it is still very funny.


There are so many memorable quotes in the movie, you can’t even remember them all, but my all-time favorite is when Bluto gives his inspirational speech, telling the boys they much keep fighting...
"Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where are the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer..."

No comments: