Saturday, September 09, 2006

Back to the Future Part II


Back to the Future Part II


Michael J. Fox
Christopher Lloyd


Now I know that we were supposed to do a movie that we haven’t seen, however, let me explain the logic behind choosing Back to the Future Part II. The last time I have seen this film I think I was about eight years old and didn’t have the same intellect that I have today. The other day, I revisited this film in an effort to revive the memories that I have from watching it when I was a kid.

In the 1989 sequel to a classic film of the 80’s starring Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly and my personal favorite Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Emmit Brown, the two venture 40 years into the future to save Marty’s kids. While in the future an elderly Biff steals the time machine and alters the past making himself incredibly wealthy thus effecting the entire city of Hill Valley. Now in an alternative reality to Doc and Marty, they must travel to the past to stop old Biff from making the young Biff wealthy. We are on a thrill ride with the Delorian which ultimately ends us looming for more as Marty will have to rescue the Doc from the old west in the final chapter of the trilogy. I definitely recommend that everyone sit down and watch the entire trilogy if you haven’t already seen the films. Both Marty and Doc always seem to be battling to uphold some sort of ethical standard from the highly ethical challenged Biff and his relatives. I would, however, recommend that you look at these films without an analytical eye and kick back and take them for the pure enjoyment factor as well as the eerie question of time travel.

Check Out This Movie...
http://videodetective.com/default.asp?frame=http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=1366


Memorable Quotes:

"Hey, Doc, you better back up. We don't have enough road to get up to 88.
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

"Party's over Biff. There's a little matter we need to talk about. Oh yeah money right well you can forget it. No, Greys. Sports. Almanac. You heard him ladies party's over."

Greg Morris

No comments: