Saturday, March 25, 2006

"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?"


So my friend gave this movie to me to watch. I had seen it a long time ago and I didn't really remember it so I thought I would give it a go. I think this movie has to be one of my favorite batman films. I love George Clooney and all, but Michael Keaton makes a great Batman...at least in my mind. Batman goal is to avenge crime in Gotham City while living a double life as Bruce Wayne, a very wealthy man with a butler named Alfred. Alfred is the man by the way!! We learn that his choice of profession comes from the fact that as a boy, his billionare parents were murdered in front of him by Jack/Joker. Jack who has always lived a life of crime meets his fate in a vat of green chemicals which turns him into the hideous Joker. The Joker wants to rule the world and Batman is just another person getting in his way. Back to Bruce, he falls for Vicky Vale, a reporter, and the two come together and Batman must save her from the Joker. I don't want to ruin the film for anybody because I think this is one hero film that everyone should see. While we were discussing the issue of hero, I made up a list while I was watching it and I think he does fit the part...of a superhero. I like him because he is a regular guy who wants to save the world but his aid is money and some really sweet gadgets. Batman in this film is dark and brooding and he's pretty blunt in what he has to say. The Joker is a great villan...he's just so nasty and who doesn't love Jack Nicholson. I think he really makes the role with his arched eyebrows and maniacal laugh. He's sinister and we love to hate him.

So anyway, I recommend this film to everyone. I also enjoyed how the music was written and sung by Prince...well the non-instrumental ones. Look for the Joker dancing to some Prince it'll make you laugh...I promise. Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, and Kim Basinger all play memorable characters in the film. You get sucked into the story and you want to know what will happen in the end. Tim Burton has a created a film that again can stand the test of time. There will always be fans of Batman. This movie is one of, if not the best Batman film of the series of films that have come out in recent years. I haven't seen Batman begins though so I can't judge that one but lets say that the one with Batman and Robin, o h and Alica Silverstone is foul and I don't think people should see it...unless you really like George Clooney. The one with Val Kilmer is kinda iffy in my eyes as well. So yeah, check it out but maybe not on VHS like I saw...the DVD has widescreen!!! (Cue Batman theme) Batman! Superman could so kick is butt!

1 comment:

Vladigogo said...

Definitely Michael Keaton was the best BATMAN.